Sunday, September 23, 2012

Week 6-Self Portrait

Craft: I used the iPad app Brushes, the iPad camera, and a spotlight to create this image. I used different hues of green and multiple layers to bring out the lights and darks of the picture. I started with the left side of my face and then worked my way into the right side and then into my hair and finally, my shirt. I used different angles of brush strokes, different hues, and a black background to bring out the entire drawing.

Concept: This is an image of myself in which I tried to showcase shadow & light photography on a human instead of an object. 

Composition:  The first thing I want my audience to see is the light part of my face. This is why I used the lightest hue of green there and spent a lot of time on the eye to help focus my audience on it. The second thing I want my audience to see is the darker side of my face. I accomplished this my gradually fading my hue of green from light green to dark green. This helps carry my audiences' eyes across the picture. The final thing I want my audience to see is the black background. I covered the entire image with it and it is what helps to frame the image of myself in the center of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment