Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Week 4- Tracing



Craft: This image was made on an iPad using the app Brushes. I needed to use multiple layers to achieve my final product. I also used different hues of blue in order to get the shadowing just right. I started with the cup and then worked my way into the shadow and then the background. I used different angles of brush strokes, different hues, and a black background to bring out the entire drawing.

Concept: It is a Starbucks coffee mug on a table. I drew this as a way to show how to effectively use the shadow technique we learned in class.

Composition: What I want people to see first is the coffee mug itself. This is why I left the logo out of the front of the cup and let the space remain black. It is one of the darkest parts of my drawing and the eye is drawn to it. Also, the lines are going in all different directions which carry the eye along the grooves of the mug. The second thing I want people to see is the shadow of the coffee mug. It is the second darkest part of my drawing, and I feel that it's irregular shape and the fact that it takes up about half of the picture are exactly why people will see it after the coffee mug. The final thing I want people to see is the background (the table). It is all basically one hue of blue and the lines are all in the same direction.

^above is unfinished but I still posted it


No comments:

Post a Comment