Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Week 12- Make a Mess & Then Make Something From It





Picture 1 is the original mess. The following pictures are three difference images I was able to create from the original. I am going to discuss the final image.

Craft: I used the iPad app Brushes and multiple layers to achieve the final product. I used different brushes, different brush strokes, and different brush sizes. At first, I tried to use almost fluorescent colors for the entire image over the black background, but then I added the red, white, and blue American flag over the entire composition.

Concept: It is a big mess with an angled American flag submerged into it.

Composition: First I changed the background from white to black. I used fluorescent colors in the different brushes and brush strokes to stand out against the solid black background. All of the different colors, strokes, and brushes on top of each other created the "messy effect." Lastly, I used pure white, fire engine red, and an almost navy blue with solid strokes to create the American flag and to add interest I turned it off center.

No comments:

Post a Comment