Monday, December 3, 2012

Week 15- Film

For this week, we watched the film "Exit Through the Gift Shop" in class. It was a very odd "film" if you could call it that. It chronicalled the lives of a few street artists, the most famous being Banksy. It was basically a film being created while shooting a film-if that makes sense. Basically this guy who calls himself "Mr. Brainwash" tries to locate Banksy and follow him. Ironically, this ends up happening and they somewhat become friends. One of the arguments in this movie is that "Mr. Brainwash" is just a phenomenon who copies off of the more well-known street artists. I personally side with Banksy and believe that "Mr. Brainwash" is just a sick individual. He seems to have multiple mental and personality disorders. I feel that Banksy is legitimate and I completely side with him. I like a lot of Banksy's street art and I feel that he was a better filmmaker than Mr. Brainwash. My personal opinion is that Mr. Brainwash should stop copying off of people and get inspired by something other than other artists in that street arm realm.

No comments:

Post a Comment